• Mechanical and aerospace engineer.
• Contributed to many space exploration programs, including a rover mission to Mars.
• Is a strong advocate for women in tech.
• Air pollution expert.
• Won the Fulbright Canadian Chair in Climate Change.
• Explores the chemistry of air pollution, especially ground-level ozone and inhalable microscopic particles.
• Scientist and environmental entrepreneur.
• At age 16, developed a system that uses existing bacteria in tailing ponds to break down toxic pollutants.
• Considered a founder of neuropsychology, which is the study of how the brain and nervous system affects how a person thinks and behaves.
• Demonstrated that memories are not all formed in the same way.
• Earned a PhD in medicinal chemistry from the University of Toronto.
• CEO of Visions of Science and Network for Learning which offers STEM programs for low income and marginalized youth.